Location: West Bucktown, 2528 W Armitage, Chicago, IL 60647.
*Moksha members are those who have committed to at least a 3-month membership.
Become an events member and receive 20% off events and books, and 10% off boutique items at Moksha.
Level 1: Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
This training is perfect for yoga teachers, midwives, labor and delivery nurses, doulas and expectant moms (previous experience teaching yoga or a significant yoga practice is necessary). You will learn how to offer a safe, empowering prenatal yoga class. Specifically, you will learn ways to empower women during pregnancy, techniques to help mom connect with baby, safe modification of yoga poses for each trimester, anatomy during pregnancy, ways to introduce mindfulness techniques into a yoga class, pranayama exercises, prenatal yoga sequences and partner poses for pregnancy. You will learn about your own beliefs surrounding birth, learn from each other and learn from the stories of the hundred’s of births that Laurel has witnessed as a Labor Doula. We will practice teaching yoga and meditation, learn about the mind-body connection and how this effects pregnancy and birth and will learn about the latest evidence-based information related to pregnancy. This is one of the few Prenatal Yoga Schools registered by Yoga Alliance.
What You Will Learn:
- Psychology and physiology of pregnancy, labour and birth
- Postures (Asana) to support a healthy pregnancy, modifications for each trimester, contraindications and posture sequencing
- Mindfulness techniques and integration methods
- Breath-work (Pranayama), vocal toning, partner work
- Relaxation and visualization techniques to help create a more positive and relaxed birth experience
- Birth choices and the culture of childbirth
- Prenatal Bonding, Fetal and Infant Development
- Laboring positions and birth preparation
- Postnatal/Mom & Baby Yoga class structure
- Current perinatal research & evidence-based practices
*Completion of the full training provides eligibility to be a
Yoga Alliance Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (must be RYT to register as RPYT).
www.mindfulmamasyoga.com for more information about Laurel and Mindful MamasTM