Location: Riverwest, 700 N Carpenter, Chicago, IL 60642.
*Moksha members are those who have committed to at least a 3-month membership.
Become an events member and receive 20% off events and books, and 10% off boutique items at Moksha.
Level 2: Advanced Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
The advanced training really begins to dive deeply into the mind-body connection and how yoga and mindfulness can aid mamas-to-be through the journey of pregnancy, birth, and early parenthood You will learn how to grow your prenatal yoga business, specific mindfulness meditations for pregnancy and birth, ways that yoga may help specific ailments, common complications during pregnancy, postpartum recovery, how to integrate themes into a prenatal class, how to teach a mom and baby yoga class, fetal positioning, cesarian section recovery, and diastasis recti recovery.
What You Will Learn:
- Psychology and physiology of pregnancy, labour and birth
- Postures (Asana) to support a healthy pregnancy, modifications for each trimester, contraindications and posture sequencing
- Mindfulness techniques and integration methods
- Breath-work (Pranayama), vocal toning, partner work
- Relaxation and visualization techniques to help create a more positive and relaxed birth experience
- Birth choices and the culture of childbirth
- Prenatal Bonding, Fetal and Infant Development
- Laboring positions and birth preparation
- Postnatal/Mom & Baby Yoga class structure
- Current perinatal research & evidence-based practices
*Completion of the full training provides eligibility to be a
Yoga Alliance Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (must be RYT to register as RPYT).
www.mindfulmamasyoga.com for more information about Laurel and Mindful MamasTM