Location: West Bucktown, 2528 W Armitage, Chicago, IL 60647.
*Moksha members are those who have committed to at least a 3-month membership.
Become an events member and receive 20% off events and books, and 10% off boutique items at Moksha.
Chanting mantra, a Sanskrit phrase that encapsulates a higher idea within the essence of its sound, is a tradition that spans over thousands of years. If you’ve been to a yoga class, it’s likely that you’ve chanted Om to begin or end a class. You are already practicing mantra! In this workshop, you will dive deeper into the elements of mantra and learn the relationship between mantra and asana (yoga postures).
This workshop will work to answer the following questions:
• What is mantra? What is the history of Sanskrit and mantra?
• What are the benefits of chanting?
• What are the practical applications of chanting mantra?
• What are some specific chants I can use to start my mantra practice?
• How does mantra relate to yoga?